We bloggers are weird. It's a known fact. Hell, we're probably weirder than those guys who play World of Warcraft and go larping dressed as cornflake coated dwarves or paraplegic molluscs. I don't mean it in a bad way - we're a good kind of weird, a unique weird, a weird that makes us do crazy but awesome things...
1. We buy stuff just to blog. Do you really think I need another pink lipstick? No, like hell I do. I'll still buy it, naturally...And probably swatch, review, use it twice then shove it in my drawer full of another 40 lipsticks I also don't use.
2. Blog vs. People. Blog wins. Come on, now. I bet we've all done the, 'Oh, sorry, I can't come out tonight I have to do some uni work/ look after the baby/ go to the gym.' when really all we're doing is slobbing out in front of Blogger or Wordpress, tweeting about blushers and eating Doritos.
3. Time management? What is that? "Yeah! Super! I'm on a roll today, I can get this posted in 10 minutes." 40 minutes later, we'll still be sat there, staring at a blank screen, but we're optimistic...Maybe if we stare long enough words will just appear? Right? RIIIGHT?!
4. We don't need sleep. We're like vampires...except we don't sleep in the day either. We take photos in the day, go and hunt down the latest new product, come home and tweet about it. At night, we write...and tweet some more...and watch trashy TV and tweet about that, too.
5. We obsess over light. Some bloggers run towards light, arms full of products, faster than a moth to a flame. Why? Because day light can not be wasted! MUST TAKE PHOTOS. NOW.
7. We know things we shouldn't know. We know aaaall your secrets! MUAHAHA. If you're a beauty company, anyway. We'll usually know about the launch/ development of your latest products before your stockists or sales advisors do...
8. We inconvenience ourselves 24/ 7. For fun. Straightening our hair and 1am so it's nice for blog pics the next day, getting up at 6am so we can take pictures or write before work/ college/ uni, taking hour long 'detours' so that we can go to Selfridges and have a swatch fest, arranging family holidays around product launches...
9. We get excited over silly things. Creme Brulé vaseline?! Really now?!
10. We are fickle. Beauty bloggers tend to rave about certain products one week and slate them the next. I know you're all sat there shaking your heads - 'Not me!' um... Urban Decay 'Naked' palette. I rest my case.
11. We think how we write. You're sat there, putting on your make-up, like any normal day - except for one thing. The commentary in your head - 'I really like how this blush applies, smooth, creamy, blendable. It might look quite intimidating in the pot, but it's easy to tone it down...'
12. It might stain, but I'm swatching it anyway. Ever seen a girl walking around with faded blobs of colour running up her arm? She's probably a beauty blogger. We don't care if it's going to stain or we have to go and visit our Gran in 20 minutes - those lipsticks are being swatched. So there.
13. Everyone/ everything is a target. Girl with cool hair on the bus *photo* Pub lunch *photo* Lady with scary nails on the train *photo* New stand in Superdrug *photo*
14. One hand painted? One eye made up? Wonky make-up is a regular occurrence across the beauty blogosphere, so it seems! Why line both eyes or paint both hands when you're only taking pictures of one? Pssht. Both sides, you crazy?!
15. We are hoarders. Make-up, leaflets about make-up collections, empty boxes...Oh, the empty boxes. I have an entire draw of empty boxes. WHY?! It's not like they're a souvenir! I have the actual item, why must I keep the box?! Don't worry, boxes, I still love you...
16. Nothing is useable until photographed. Only can you use a product once you have photographed the packaging it arrived in, the actual product packaging and the untouched, shiny, new, clean product itself. Until then, we hide it away in its virgin stage until we find time to get the camera out!
17. We have a folder of photos of...ourselves. We take pictures for FOTDs, swatches etc, we'll take 200 just to find ONE decent shot. Edit it, save it neatly away and hope nobody comes across the folder titled 'Blog Pics'...To anyone but a beauty blogger, having 500 images of yourself would be mental!
18. We're weird and proud. Admit it - you've just been nodding and chuckling to yourself the whole way through this post!
Why are we beauty bloggers so bizarre? Why do we do such things? Because we love beauty, we love blogging and ordinary is boring - that's why! Many thanks to my Twitter crew for helping me out by sharing their weird habits!
Do you do any of these? Can you think of any more? I'll add them in if you do!
Powered by Blogger.