The Affordable MAC 'Stone' Dupe

/ 5 comments
If you knock about Instagram, it's pretty damn hard not to notice growing makeup trends - and usually, it's all about the lips. One of the most popular products in the last month or so has been MAC 'Stone' lipliner, a grey-brown shade which it PERFECT for overlining and topping with a nude lippy for that cool toned '90s look. Liloo set me the task of finding a dupe for 'Stone', and that is precisely what I did...
Let me introduce NYX '1000 Years' - a medium, cool toned, grey-brown lipliner. It does actually have a slate tone to it at times (just like 'Stone') but it's hard to capture on camera! I don't have MAC 'Stone' to do a side by side comparison, but it's actually been a popular dupe for quite some time, so that must mean something! 
Truth be told, I wasn't sure such a shade would be my thing. Especially since anything grey toned with my yellow skin tends to be a HUGE no no - but actually...I like it! This is a shade I'd have otherwise passed on for sure, that's one of the things I love about Instagram - it opens you to colours and products you'd have never tried in...well..1000 years (oooh that was so bad it was good!)
'1000 Years' is brilliant for mixing up with other shades, one of my favourite combinations at the minute is this beaut' topped with Illamasqua 'Delerium' cream pigment (rosey taupe), though most seem to be favouring pairing it with warm nudes like MAC 'Honeylove'. It's more of a waxy type formula, which means it does drag a bit, however it also means it lasts longer than creamier alternatives which is fine by me!


I bought my '1000 Years' from Beautyjoint on ebay for about £4 with free postage - ordering from the USA was actually cheaper than ordering from NYX UK thanks to their £5 flat rate postage! That's a saving of £9.50 if we compare it to MAC 'Stone' - winner!

All in all a great dupe, an ace shade and a fab product.

Bloglovin | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

5 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely incredible on you! I had been eyeing up Stone for a long time, but didn't want to splash out on a colour I know I won't be wearing every day. This is now officially on my payday shopping list! Great post.

    LipGlossJedi Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous colour, and for £4 you really can't go wrong! I love putting colours like this under a rose nude too. I love your photos here, and your makeup in general :)

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  3. I own Stone and it was a pain to find in person and I ended up getting it online. I'd love to compare it to this x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, this looks gorgeous. I've got a thing lately for slightly odd coloured neutrals so I've just bought this. Thanks for sharing! x

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.