Alpro #deskfest Challenge Day 3

/ 3 comments
When I drew back the curtains this morning I was surprised to see SNOW! Does nature not realise it's time to give it up and roll out some sunshine?! Upon deciding that a bit of snow means blizzardy Wintery-ness, nothing but drop scones, honey and blueberries would suffice.


The drop scones used a recipe from 'The Vegetarian Student Cookbook' (which is amazing, by the way) but I omitted the egg since and swapped the water for Alpro almond milk. I always think that although smaller, drop scones feel way more filling than pancakes...probably because they're thicker.


I stacked them up American style, drizzled on honey (which I used to greatly dislike, but it's grown on me lately!), chucked on some blueberries and finished with some plain Alpro pouring yoghurt.

Maybe a little too indulgent to be counted as strictly healthy (though the most calorie/ sugar laden thing here is honey - which has a crazy amount of health benefits) but hey, being good all the time gets boring!
 
Bloglovin | Facebook | Hello Cotton | Twitter

3 comments:

  1. These look delicious! Ive just to master 'healthy' pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this is the reason why breakfast is by far my favourite meal of the day.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.