FOTD - Red Lip Love

/ 18 comments
Dontcha just love red lipstick? I seriously think every woman should own one! There's something pretty empowering about red lips which means they feel amazing to wear. Then again, lots of ladies say they find red lips a bit intimidating - I say, 'FEAR NOT!', go find your perfect shade and rock it like no other.


These are the best red lips I think I've ever applied. The secret, for me, is in layering products and contouring the shape. My lips look SO MUCH fuller than usual down to some nifty shading at the corners and highlighting the centre.

EYES - A smudge of Too Faced 'Black Suede' eyeshadow for mega subtle eyelining, Max Factor 'False Lash' mascara.

FACE - No.7 'Beautifully Matte' foundation, Collection 2000 'Lasting Perfection' concealer, Collection 2000 powder, Fyrinnae 'Centre Stage' highlighting powder, Topshop 'Nutmeg' blush.

LIPS - Collection 2000 'Damson' lipliner, discontinued Rimmel lipstick (name label has worn off!), powder, Ben Nye cherry red eyeshadow, Yaby white eyeshadow.

EYEBROWS - MUA 'Shade 19' eyeshadow mixed with Too Faced 'Black Suede'.

Sorry about the crazy over exposure, it's that or nothing right now in my dingy little uni room :( Top picture is most colour accurate!

What's your favourite red lipstick? Do you fear or embrace it?

18 comments:

  1. I absolutely love red lipstick! I pretty much only wear matte reds, and I have two favorites - Sleek pout paint (I mix pin up & the blue one), or Nars velvet matte lip pencil in Cruella. both are super long lasting, which is really important to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my favorite red lip is MAC RUSSIAN RED, so bold and i love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a gorgeous red! I don't think I own a proper red lippie, haven't found a tone that suits me yet x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually tend the stay away from a bright red lip - I quite like how yours is a deeper matte colour though.. it looks more wearable during the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow thats amazing! I actually haven't got a red lipstick! I know I know! I really love the way you've done this, I have no idea how though I'm studying the picture as it's gorgeous and a really gorgeous matte finish! It's a brilliant look I'm definitely going to give it a try!

    dp
    x

    www.inanityandthegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! And I do agree, there is something empowering about a red lip. I wore Rockalily's Roulette Red today. It's my favourite red. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to wear red lips all the time with black liner. I don't often do it anymore. However, I looove MAC Cult of Cherry or Boundless gloss. I also love Fyrinnae's Sweetest Poison!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovve the red lipstick on you and still searching for that perfect one for me, I have a few and they are nice, but still looking for that one that just suits me perfectly! Wearing NSFW Lip Tar today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i AGREE! you rock the red lips very well ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love red lipstick, I have 9 different shades and I want more! I love deep blue based reds and burgundy-wine colors ^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look awesome with red lips ... i'm a bit afraid of using red on my lips :-S

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your red lips look amazing and red is definitely my favourite lip-colour. Right now my favourite is Rouge d'Armani #406 :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your hair! And great lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Red lipstick is like a LBD once you find the perfect one cling on to it for dear life haha! You have such beautiful lips...creepy I know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I prefer red lip glosses and stains to lipsticks, but I do love Morgana Cryptoria's lipstick in Twinkling Rubies, as well as Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet. :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.