BLOGS IN BLOOM - What's in Jade's Bag?

/ 2 comments

This week we get to be super nosy as Jade from Fashion and Beauty Disaster shows us what's in her bag...

1. Tell us a little about yourself...20/F/Yorkshire
First of all I’m a down to earth kind of person; straight talking, but considerate at the same time.
In September I will be going into my final undergraduate year at Leeds Metropolitan University, studying Retail Marketing Management. As much as I like retail and the world of business, my passion has always been hair and beauty; ever since I was little all I wanted to be was a hairdresser or a beautician. I love pampering myself and other people but my parents didn’t want me to take that path in life, they were quite old fashioned and said I was ‘too academic’ for a career like that (they obviously had no idea about the amount of theory involved in hair and beauty!!!).
I am a Sex and the City addict; I just fantasise about living in NYC every time I watch it! I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to start a beauty blog, I’m absolutely loving the world of twitter and blogger now I’m here!
 
2. What can we expect to see from your blog?I tend to focus very much on beauty products, even though my blog name is ‘fashion’ and beauty disaster, I am not body confident in the slightest and I just don’t feel as if I have enough fashion sense to post my clothes on my blog just yet!
I pride myself on being honest so any product review I post on my blog, regardless of the brand or where it’s come from, it will always be my true point of view.
 

What's In My Bag?

I'm a massive fan of River Island bags, always have been and I reckon I always will be! Unfortunately the bag featured in this post is no longer available in store or online, but there are loads of new fabulous sachels and messenger bags (most of them under £60, Bonus!) I bought this one around 6 months ago; bit of an impulse buy really, I decided I needed to treat myself! 
So, what's inside my bag?

On a normal day, I generally like to travel light when it comes to beauty products but there are 3 things that I carry with me at all times: 
Maybelline ColorSensational lipgloss in Peach Sorbet
I bought this after using a sample which came on one of the pages of Company magazine. Usually I hate lipgloss because it's too sticky, my hair gets in it and urgh... just awful! You can see what it looks like on my lips here.
Benefit Boi-ing Industrial Concealer
This is my absolute holy grail concealer at the moment, fabulous coverage and it's really nice and creamy. Covers all manner of sins on my face from dark circles under my eyes, to the huge spot which appears on my chin during the day.
Soap and Glory Hand Food (travel size)
I was never really interested in the Soap and Glory range until I started blogging and I heard so many good things about Hand Food, apparently it smelt gorgeous and it was so many peoples' must have hand cream. So I bought, and I loved!
 
So there you go, 3 beauty products in my bag and I don't even carry a mirror! A crime some may say but I know I just wouldn't use one!
Other bits and bobs I carry are:
Painkillers - I hate headaches with a passion and there's always one of my friends asking for some ibuprofen while we're out so I end up being their own personal painkiller supplier!
iPod - This has been going strong for about 4 years now! Its a special edition RED one (supporting AIDS, I think) and I love the fact that I have never seen any of my friends with one this colour. I travel quite a lot so its nice to have some music on in the car or on the train.
Purse Another River Island number, bit of an obvious one really; carries all my money and cards (Boots Advantage Card & Superdrug Beauty Card are a must have for any beauty addict, I must say)
Phone Samsung Galaxy S
Keys
Brush
Deodorant
So there you have it, the contents of my bag. Sums me up quite well really, no heirs and graces; just the essentials!
I'd like to say a massive thankyou to Lily for giving me the opportunity to be part of her Blogs In Bloom series and I hope you enjoyed my guest post
Jade
   x

If you'd like to have a bit more of a snoop, skip over to Fashion and Beauty Disaster!

2 comments:

  1. great post, love the purse!

    http://zozeze.blogspot.com/
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bag!
    I also love Soap and Glory's hand food, it smells so yummy :) x

    http://butterflyboo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.