NOTD - Beam Me Up, Scotty!

/ 38 comments
 I really love all the 'galaxy nails' going around at the moment. Everyone seems to have their own take, but they're all so beautiful to look at! My version is pretty darn simple, a blue sponged gradient with holo glitter stars...




Black Base - Barry M 'Black'
Dark Blue - Barry M 'Cobalt'
Medium Blue - Barry M 'Cyan'
Pale Blue - Barry M 'Turquoise'
Fine Glitter - Model's Own 'Juicy Jules'
Chunky Glitter - Barry M 'Hologram'

PRETTY SPARKLES! I'm such a magpie lately. I think I'll do these again at some point but try and get some nebula swirls and shooting stars going on.

Also, I feel like I should explain why I haven't been blogging much lately. Basically, I'm busy as heck clearing out and packing up so that I can move to uni. Most students can just leave all their stuff at home with no worries...not me, my parents are hoping to sell the house and move hours away! Therefore, all of my things are either being thrown away, given to charity or sold. I'm not bothered about that, I just wish I could burn it all to get rid of things faster! By the end of the day, I have zero energy, physical or mental and that's not a state you can blog in. I'll be back in full swing in a couple of weeks, promise!

38 comments:

  1. This looks so funky. Intergalactic or something. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gonna have to try these nails sometime they look amazing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this look amazing! I love it so much, I def need to get creative and have a go Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this looks amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooooh love it!!!! I wonder if I can recreate something similar with polishes I actually have... sigh... the downsides of reading blogs from other countries :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, I think your galaxy nails are one of my favourites by far! I really want to try this but need some glitter polishes, *heads to Boots* :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow, i dont know what's the prettiest here: if it's the manicure itself or the photography: wow! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your take on galaxy nails! Good luck with the uni packing, I'm in denial about it haha x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks amazing! Must try re-creating this at some point! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Yours look like I might actually be able to do it so I'm going to steal it :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah these are amazing :) it matches your layout haha! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my! I.am.in.love! What a gorgeous combination! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love! So striking. Good luck with the uni packing, my folks did the same thing when I went to uni - something very therapeutic about having a good ol' clear out!

    Steph x

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love this manicure/look :) i must try it :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is gorgeous it matches your background :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. these nails are amazing! I just wish I had the patience to sit and attempt to try and recreate something half as good! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow these look amazing! My imagination when it comes to nail designs ends at the shatter effect look, wish I had the patience to do something like this! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love the nails.. best of luck with the move.. to bad we can't get Barry M in the States

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so pretty!! WIsh I could do something like this

    ReplyDelete
  22. @ EVERYONE, pah, I hate addressing replies to 'everyone', it seems so impersonal when I do actually read all of your comments! I should start replying as they come through, argh!

    Anyway. Thanks for all your compliments and such! These are actually mega easy to do, just look up 'Sponge gradient nails' on YT for how to get the fading effect and slap some glitter over it. Doesn't seem to take too long when you're slobbing out in front of the telly :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this nail idea!!! I am def going to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow!!!! I love this! Must try :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. omg that is amazing!
    such a good idea! i have to try that xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow they're so pretty, I cant stop looking at them!

    Joselin
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. AMAZING! Are you going to do a Tutorial or have you already done one? xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. i'm having heart palpitations!!! i want my nails to look like this, come do mine!

    ReplyDelete
  29. OMG I am in love with these. I adore anything space-related and your nails look just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  30. That looks great! It makes me wanna go out and buy some glittery nail polish!

    (sorry, my reader won't update properly, that explains my late comment:D)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh wow they look amazing! Love the colour combination - can't wait to try this out myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oooh I love this!!! I really want to try some galaxy nails. :) Yours look amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.