REVIEW - Illamasqua 'Disciple' Lipstick

/ 14 comments
If you follow my Twitter, you'll know that I've been lusting after Illamasqua 'Disciple' lipstick for quite some time. However, I simply could not justify spending £15.50 on a lipstick I'd hardly ever wear.  A bunch of you even tried to help me find a good dupe (thank you!) but nothing was quite right...Then Sinead from over at Dainty Dollymix spotted it in a blog sale and promptly sent me the link! £8 later, 'Disciple' was mine - don't you just love the power of Twitter?!

Illamasqua lipsticks are packaged in a glossy, sleek, understated tube which still manage to look incredibly unique and edgy. You'll find the Illamasqua name printed down the side, logo on the lid and product info stuck to the bottom. The lid pops on and off with the rather the satisfying 'click' that we lipstick lovers can't quite resist...


'Disciple'  is a decadent, dark, rich, gorgeous, jaw-droppingly stunning, inky blue. Despite the bullet photo looking to have shimmer, 'Disciple' is entirely matte on the lips. I was a little dismayed when I first swiped this across my lips...well, I say swiped, it was more dragging/ scrawling/ cursing since it felt precisely like a clunky wax crayon. Fortunately, like a lot of mattes, it just needed some warming up before it decided to apply smoothly!


I'd advise wearing 'Disciple' over a lip balm and applying with a lip brush (I use a small angle brush since they're more precise) - you really can't apply this direct from the bullet, since it's so dark and pigmented you need to take a little extra care. All in all an awesome lipstick for the brave of heart (or at least brave with make-up!)

Available for £15.50 from Illamasqua counters or the Illamasqua website.

Do you own any Illamasqua lipsticks? What do you think to 'Disciple'? Next on my list are Sonnet, Salacious and Fetish!

14 comments:

  1. I think Im in love...might have to buy this for a Saturday night out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful colour, I want this! I've been wanting to try Illamasqua for a long time but still haven't bought anything from them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waaaaaant. You rock it, it looks great. It looks like there's glitter in the bullet, though? Not really seeing that on your lip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE with your pink hair :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh I wish I could pull off crazy colours like this! Stargazer do a few cheaper alts you might want to check out, although they probably won't be as good quality. Pricing puts me off products too some times, thank god for blog sales!!

    Love J

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks awesome! Are you doing a LOTD from this post, I wish to see more of the sparklies that are on your face!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMAZING. I never thought I'd want a blue lipstick, but daaaaaaamn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Want! I have blue-black hair and that would be the most fascinating combination. I haven't tried illamasqua, mainly because I have never seen any of their products in my area. Blue lipstick=far more awesome than black lipstick,

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Just looking at the lipstick I thought it was black but that's such a beautiful blue! I don't think I could pull it off though.

    -Dinah

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this color. It's lovely, though it's definitely one I would wear out clubbing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morgana Cryptoria used to make a lipstick called Blueberry, which is similar to Disciple. I treasure my tube of it :) good alt colours with good formulas are a precious commodity!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have this lipstick its such a unique colour but i think ive only worn it twicw. Great foe photoshoots etc though x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this colour, I had it applied on me during an Illamasqua transformation :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. AMAZING lipstick! Love the colour!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.