REVIEW - Antoinette's Revolution Cosmetics

/ 13 comments
Antoinette's Revolution Cosmetics are one of the newest companies on the indie make-up scene. The theme running throughout the seems to be of history's upper classes and French splendour, rather different to any other indie companies I've come across so far. ARC ran an opening sale a while back, which, naturally I took advantage of!

My order arrived within two weeks from the USA, which is actually quite fast considering ARC were running a sale at the time! Included with my order was my invoice, a free pin badge and a free samples of 'Ladies in Waiting'.


Both samples and full sizes include the company name, product name, ingredients and whether or not the colours are lip safe. Everything you could need to know! However, ARC could do with listing if products are vegan or otherwise, as I couldn't find this information on the products OR the website. It doesn't bother me, personally, but I know a lot of ladies only buy vegan products where possible.

[[ Antoinettes Revolution Cosmetics Swatches - Guillotine, Patina, Pomp , Le Dauphin, Ladies in Waiting, Marie, Damask ]]

I found the eyeshadows to be smooth, blendable and well pigmented. Each of these colours lasts an average amount of time over primer or a base. Although these colours are fairly simple, they are also very beautiful and I'm definitely going to buy full sizes of 'Guillotine' (a fabulous, deep, blood red) and 'Marie', a sheer, pale blue with faint purple duochrome and glitter) once the samples run out!

All in all, I'm impressed with this new, young company and have no problem in recommending their products :) Full size jars are priced at $5 each, samples at $0.75 each. The ARC shop can be found on Artfire.

13 comments:

  1. Ahh I really need to get Guillotine (though the rational side of my brain is like 'do you really need more reds?') and I don't think I have anything quite like Patina.

    Thanks for reviewing them, I've been hearing nothing but good things about them lately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guillotine, Marie and Damask look lovely. Not bad for a companys first lot of shadows! The free pin is very cute and a really nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, them swatches are gorgeous! I love the three right ones, they are amazing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, Guillotine is pretty amazing. Definitely love the little rainbow effect on your swatches, as well haha! Patina and Marie are interesting too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They say they are not a vegan company here:
    http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?name=Shop&seller_id=111301&op=new&body=3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those colors look awesome love the post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guillotine and Damask look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They've been getting such great reviews, I really need to check them out. Those swatches are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The design of the pots etc looks really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think Guillotine would look great with the FOTD we talked about! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great swatches! The more swatches I see of these, the more I want them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. really curious aboyt them. Marie looks like gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.