MMMMMMM. FATTY TREATS!
1. Use a desert spoon to scoop out some ice cream from the tub. Use your clean fingers to form them into balls - they will start to melt, of course, so don't feel that the shape needs to be perfect! Place the ice cream balls on a sheet of cling film in the freezer.
2. While the ice cream balls are hardening back up, make the crust! Take a few handfuls of cornflakes, a good sprinkling of cinnamon, a dash of chilli powder and a generous helping of dessicated/ flaked coconut and pop it all into a sandwich bag. Crush the mixture in your hands until fairly coarse.
3. After the ice cream balls have been in the fridge for at least one hour, we can add the crust mix! Empty the crust mix into a bowl and beat an egg in another bowl. Take your ice cream ball, dip it in the egg and roll in the crust mix until coated. Place them back onto the cling film sheet and pop them into the freezer.
4. After at least one hour, the ice cream balls are ready to fry! Heat your oil - you can tell when it is ready by dipping a wooden spoon handle into it - if it hisses and bubbles, it's ready. Gently lower your ice cream balls in to the oil until golden brown (about 5 seconds!) and take them back out.
5. Allow to cool slightly before eating - enjoy!
These were so easy and quick to make, plus they use ingredients which I'm sure everyone will have! The only thing you might not have would be the coconut - but it's not essential anyway. I think next time I'll use crushed ginger biscuits, and drizzle some syrup over the top before serving. Yummy!