[[ Pretty single pans of Urban Decay eyeshadow! ]]
Read how under the jump!
How to Depot the Urban Decay 'Book of Shadows'
You will Need
- Book of Shadows (duh)
- A thin, sturdy pointed tool (like a metal nail file or cuticle pusher)
1. Wedge your pointed tool between the pan and the edge of the packaging. There is usually already a little gap nearer the corners. Wiggle your tool, pushing against the edge of the packaging. The pan should start to pop out enough for you to work your tool underneath and then pull it out by hand.
2. Continue in this way until your palette is empty. Be careful!
3. Pull off any bits of cardboard or glue still stuck to the pans and admire your depotted eyeshadows :)
How to Depot the Urban Decay 'Deluxe' Palette
You will Need- Urban Decay 'Deluxe' palette
- Stanley knife or scalpel with strong blade.
I originally tried to use the above method, but the packaging is a lot sturdier and the glue seems to be stronger - so it didn't exactly work. It only resulted in twisted pans and cracking eyeshadow! I decided ripping the palette apart would be the next logical step.
1. Use the scalpel to cut around the bottom of where the eyeshadows are housed. Now use some brute force to rip if from the back of the palette (what it is attached to) and the lid.
2. Score around the sides of what remains of the palette and peel away the outer paper to reveal the cardboard inside.
3. Wedge the scalpel blade between the two back sheets of cardboard and wiggle it until there is enough room for you to pull it apart with your fingers. The pans will remain attached to the cardboard.
4. Use your scalpel or another thin tool to work the pans free from the cardboard. Finished!
The next logical step for both of these methods would be to pop them into a magnetised palette...I don't have one but I am waiting for the postman to deliver something I can store these in! For now I'm keeping them all in a little box, with layers of bubble wrap for extra protection :) Don't they look pretty all lined up next to each other?!
I'll post again once my little delivery arrives ;) I hope you found this helpful!