REVIEW - Collection 2000 Hotlights Lip Gloss

/ 12 comments
Collection 2000 are one of the token British 'bargain beauty' brands who have worked their way into practically every woman's makeup bag at some point or other. When I saw their 'Hotlights' glosses, I have to admit. I was put off by the built in mirror and lights - I've seen this done to death and it always looks amazingly naff.

[[ See that bit down the side? That's an stunningly pointless mirror. ]]

[[ Aaand that bit? A ridiculously pointless light. ]]

I can see why most people would think the light and mirror pretty useful, but think about it - you do know where your lips are by now, don't you? Even in the dark, do you really need a light and mirror to apply gloss? No. No you don't.

[[ Simple doe foot applicator - winner. ]]

[[ Collection 2000 Hotlights Gloss in 'Star' ]]

Under all of that generally useless novelty packaging is a rather lovely product. Scent free, non-sticky, as long lasting as you can expect from a gloss and in a range of six wearable colours. From what I've seen, all six are shot through with a little shimmer. The gloss I have, 'Star', is a baby pink with golden shimmer which gives a hint of colour with subtle golden gleam. Enough to wear alone of over a nude lip colour. A great, basic gloss which I'd definitely buy again :)

£4.99 for 6ml of product from Boots, Superdrug or various supermarkets.

12 comments:

  1. I've seen the light/mirror gloss but not for as cheap I don't think! :) Might have to give this one a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This colour is so pretty and i completely agree about the mirror.I do like the lights though :)

    http://beautybypaula2010.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review :) I never tried this before but the color looks really pretty XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a couple of these mirror glosses... not Collection 2000 ones, but they're so annoying! Mmm, a lovely flattering blue light! :| I did see these and think they looked nice... might have to check them out, see if it puts me off the Gosh ones with a light on which are ahhhhmazing but I can't afford them right now :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate novelty packaging like that. What is the point in the light? Really? But the gloss does look nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg the gold shimmer is beautiful *___* and I actually like the lipglosses with lights, I use them to find shit under my bed XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely shade, looks like it's packed full of glitter too. Shame my boyfriend hates lipgloss or I would wear it more haha!!

    Love J.
    http://bon-vivant-clique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so agree about the mirror and light. Lipstick needs a bit more precision, but I can apply gloss no worries in the darkest of places.
    It's one of the first brands I ever used, I'm thinking that I should go back and investigate what products it's got now. :)

    Florrie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That color is so pretty. I love your blog and how honest you are!

    Marcy,
    smudgemyeyeliner.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Girlinthecity, Collection 2000 are a pretty good range. I can't think of anything I've tried from them that has disappointed me! Hmm, a possible use for the generally pointless mirror!

    @ Cosmetics Aficionado, it is :)

    @ MakeYuUp, never cheap? I've never seen a pricey product with it :S

    @ BeautybyPaula, they have some other lovely colours in the range too. I guess the light would be useful for finding stuff in your bag of nights out...

    @ Venus in Virgo, thanks, it is a lovely colour indeed.

    @ I've got a Taxi light up gloss too...I tend to avoid them tbh! They're worth checking out, generally a gloss in just a gloss so cheap ones are generally as good as pricier ones - especially if they're sheer!

    @ The Peach, ditto! I have no idea what was going through their heads tbh! It is a nice colour though :)

    @ Silhouette Screams, pretty innit? Haha, I guess it can be useful, then!

    @ Bon Vivant Clique, haha, my bf hates it too - I still wear it though :P

    @ Florrie, very true! I'd still think a lippy with mirror/ lights was super naff though...Collection 2000 have some lovely things. Their Matt + Minerals foundation is my HG foundation and only costs £2.99! Freakin' mental.

    @ Jackie S. so true, love pink/ golds!

    @ Marcy, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.